Happy New Year!
I wanted to review the year via a list of my favorite posts of 2012 (in no particular order). I have some 2013 resolutions, too, but I'm saving those for later in the week.
1. Jill DeVries. A read through the introduction of this post makes it pretty obvious that I simply adore Jill's work. Discovering her was definitely a highlight of 2012 (and it ultimately led to us sitting down together for some coffee and a chat in Los Angeles in November, so that was pretty rad).
2. What to wear for portraits. I got a lot of good feedback from this post, and it helped me focus what I wanted to communicate to my clients when they asked me for wardrobe advice. Win-win.
3. The name game. Where "Anna Delores" comes from and other interesting blog names with backgrounds.
4. On trend: summertime. I had a lot of fun stalking my favorite blogs for inspiration for this post.
5. Back to black. My first outfit post.
6. Bridal photo shoot. I just love these images. And they recently popped up here.
7. At home. Awesome home tour by Laura of Roots & Feathers.
8. Things I'm afraid to tell you. Enough said.
9. Shelter dogs + Susan Sabo. Susan is an incredible photographer and I have such a special place in my heart for all dogs; shelter dogs are especially talented at pulling my heart strings. And Susan is exceptionally talented at photographing them.
10. Comparison is the thief of joy. This is an important saying for me, one I've repeated to myself over and over since I first encountered it earlier this year. I even have a small print of it in my office over my desk, so that when I start feeling inferior to all the amazing photographers I see out there, I have a reminder.
11. Kristina + Eric's wedding. I love Kristina from Nook & Sea and it was an honor to feature her wedding!
12. DIY home decorating. I LOVED getting to meet Lizzie of The Hip Soiree, take her photo, and scope out her AMAZING digs in Santa Monica. I love this collection of images from her home.
And there you have it! What were your favorite posts of 2012? Any on my blog, and how about on your own blog?